bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Watercolours With Confidence!
Learn step by step how to paint beautiful watercolour artwork with confidence. Comprehensive course for beginners & up!
Created by Wendy Framst, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 1017 students which left 222 reviews at an average rating of 4.35, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 10 hours 16 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 51 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 6.6/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Hello! I am Wendy Framst. Welcome to Watercolours with Confidence.
If you have always thought watercolours were unpredictable and difficult to control then this is the course for you. I take out the mystery and show you very simply how watercolours behave with water on the paper.
I demonstrate through simple exercises how watercolours can be a fun, wholesome and satisfying way of painting.
At your own pace, you will gain confidence by developing an understanding of the medium through very simple to gradually complex projects and activities. Lessons are augmented by your choice of public or private feedback on the assignments you submit.
In this watercolour course packed with over 10 hours of insights, tips and tricks, and valuable content you will be introduced in a step by step methodical way to watercolour materials, colour theory, techniques and methods used in painting with watercolours. This course is perfect to help you explore the medium at your own pace!
You will gain confidence through learning how common mistakes are made. You will learn how to fix them through our troubleshooting section, gaining confidence in using your tools effectively by doing easy activities and fun projects.
You will create projects that will inspire you to start experimenting yourself in no time at all.
You will learn which materials to get as well as some of the optional tools you can collect to make some fun effects. We also touch on how to keep costs low and quality high.
After being introduced to materials, you will be guided through how to paint a smooth wash and a variety of other mark making techniques. After the comprehensive introduction you will be guided through progressively more complex projects.
Each project builds on skills you were introduced to earlier and no steps are cut out.
Some of the later projects are a little larger and more complex, but include guidance about how to build up your skills until you are more comfortable with tackling a larger subject.
Although drawing is a great skill for any art form you do not need to know how to draw to gain confidence in this course
You will get to:
solidify fundamentals of watercolour painting
understand how to master the interaction between water, pigment on paper
learn how to fix issues including blooms (blossoms) and drips
learn how to use brushes and other tools to create various washes, edges and marks
practice and learn various techniques that will give you the necessary tools to help you become a confident watercolour artist
to learn how to make a bookmark and lovely little greeting cards
how to use photo references to create paintings
learn about colour theory and properties of various watercolour pigments
create varied projects and paintings that can be tailored to your own unique style
learn about fun materials to create lovely effects
and much much more …
More Features of this Udemy Course
Unlimited Lifetime Access
One Time Payment
30 day money back guarantee
Watch Anytime / Anywhere
English captions/subtitles. Auto-generated French, Spanish, Hindi and Turkish captions/subtitles
I am with you every step of the way. You can message me any time you have questions or just don’t know how to proceed. And I would love to see your paintings and projects that you make as you paint along with me.
So let's splash some paint around, have some fun and get those brushes wet!
What you will learn
- Painting with watercolours is easier than commonly believed
- You will gain confidence with watercolours through step by step instruction
- You will have fun exploring how to apply paint to the paper in many creative ways, with many different brush types and other materials as well
- You will learn different techniques such as “wet on wet” and dry-brushing
- You will learn which supplies are the “must haves” and how to choose yours from a variety of options
- How to achieve brilliant rich colours through layering techniques
- How to make the most of the transparent quality of watercolour paint
- Complete 4 projects, 5 activities and 8 assignments and as well as numerous hands on demonstrations
- You will begin making small projects such as a bookmark and a greeting card and gradually work on larger and more complex projects as they gain confidence.
- In the “Trouble-Shooting” section, you will learn how to fix common watercolour mistakes including blooms & drips
- English, French & Spanish Captions/Subtitles. Hindi Captions/Subtitles coming soon
- You will learn techniques to help preserve the white of the paper
- How to paint crisp edges and how to soften edges
- You will learn about primary, secondary and tertiary colours and how the colour wheel works
- How to clean and care for your equipment
- How to take an idea for a painting from inspiration through to completion
- Learn to do ink and wash paintings
- You will increase your art vocabulary through the use of art terms
- Those who do not enjoy drawing can still have fun with painting
- Students learn the meaning of “archival” and how to help their projects to last
- Learn about “plein air” painting and will be shown supplies ideal for this painting method
- How to stretch paper and rip paper to size
- You will be given health and safety cautions
- The most important thing is to have FUN!
- You will get to relax, splash some paint around, experiment to learn which colour combinations you like and see how many different ways you can make marks
- Great for beginners. No prerequisites are required.
- You don't need to know how to draw for this course. There are downloadable templates available in the online resources section that can be used for tracing if you wish.
- You may simply want to paint along with me creating a new set of subjects and paintings, converting them into gifts such as bookmarks
- Bring along a willingness to learn and try the fun projects in the course.